West Coast Canine Life
MUFFIN RECIPES &
Use Canine Life Pre-Mix to Make
Delicious Meaty Muffins, Patties or Squares
for your Dog
Please read the following information before preparing:
Meaty Muffin Ingredients
- 5 cups Canine Life Pre-Mix
- 1-½ lbs * ground boneless chicken or other regular ground
- 1 cup minced raw green beans (or other green vegetable)
- ½ cup minced raw carrots, pumpkin (or other yellow or orange vegetable)
- 1 raw egg
- 1 medium-sized red apple, washed, cored,
- 1/2 to 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup PURE cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup safflower or sunflower oil
* Use 2 lbs of meat for puppies and active dogs .
For puppies under 6 months of age, please use ground boneless chicken in the above recipe to help reduce the possibility of allergies.
Baking Instructions - MEATY MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C) degrees.
- Lightly grease 24 muffin tins *.
- Combine all ingredients except Pre-Mix in a large bowl and mix well
- Thorough blend in Pre-mix. Mixture should resemble
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Baking time: approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and thoroughly cool to room temperature
before storing in an air tight container or freezer
- Keep enough food for 3 - 4 days in the refrigerator and freeze the rest.
- One batch makes 24 muffins.
*Alternate Baking Methods
- Meaty Patties - Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and use an icecream scoop to shape 24 even-sized balls. Press lightly with a circular potato masher. Bake approximately 20 minutes at 350F.
- Meaty Squares - One 9 x 12 pan can be cut nicely into 24 squares. If you are using a cake pan you
will need to increase the baking time to approximately 40 minutes.
Try the following ingredients for variation:
- Try ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey,
or ground lamb.
- Dogs need the extra fat found in regular ground meat.
- Try buffalo, venison, ostrich, or fresh fish
for a change!
- 3 cans of rinsed salmon or tuna can be used per
batch of muffins.
Vegetables and Fruit
- NEVER USE ONIONS - THEY ARE TOXIC TO DOGS!
- Each batch should contain 1 cup of a minced green vegetable
and ½ cup of a minced orange vegetable:
- Raw minced orange vegetables (1/2 cup) : carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin
- Raw minced green vegetables (1 cup) : green beans, zucchini, broccoli, bok choy
- When in season, consider adding 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (a powerful antioxidant)
- Oil - WCCL recommends the use of organic safflower or sunflower oil
- Eggs - If your dog has allergies or skin sensitivities,
try using one egg white and eliminate the yolk.
- Pure cranberry juice - helps to prevent urinary tract infections. Do NOT substitute cranberry cocktail because it contains too much sugar.