Wholly Healthy CLASSIC Muffin Mix Recipe
- 5 cups WEST COAST CANINE LIFE Base Mix
- 1 cup minced raw green beans (or thawed and drains frozen beans)
- ½ cup minced raw carrot (for dogs with suspected allergies, root vegetables, such as carrot, yam or
- 1 minced red apple
- 1 egg
- ½ cup PURE unsweetened cranberry juice
- ½ cup organic sunflower or safflower oil, or first pressed olive oil
- 1 ½ lb raw boneless ground chicken or turkey (use 2 lbs for puppies and young active dogs)
- ½ to 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Lightly grease 24 medium size muffin tins
- Combine all the ingredients except the water and the Pre-Mix in a large bowl. When thoroughly blended, add 5 cups of Pre-Mix and mix well. Add water if needed to make the mixture resemble the consistency of cookie dough that can be rolled in your hands without sticking.
- Roll 24 even size balls between your hands and pop them into greased muffin tins. Press the muffins/patties down slightly.
- Baking at 350F (180C) 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool thoroughly on racks before storing in air-tight containers or zip-lock freezer bags.